2019 Give Her Wings Awards Brunch
For the past 20 years, Soroptimist International of the TriCities has strived to educate, enable and empower women and girls through our awards program and local hands-on projects.
Each year we sponsor a series of awards, recognizing the outstanding achievement of women and girls in our community. The Give Her Wings Awards Brunch is a celebration of our 2019 Award Recipients, as well as a fundraising event, in support of our educational bursaries and local programs:
- Bea‘s Kloset, a “free store” for women and young girls transitioning to life on their own. Using household items donated by downsizing seniors, friends of Soroptimists and other donors, our recipients will be able to ‘shop for free’ for the household items they need.
- Westminster House, where volunteers meet once a month for crafts, snacks, and companionship with women in recovery from drug and alcohol abuse.
- A Warm Place for Women, a monthly social evening for women in need. We provide hot meals, beverages, dessert, friendly faces, clothes, shoes, resource referrals, activities and door prizes.
- Give Her Wings Award, unique to Soroptimist International of the Tri-Cities, this award has the same requirements as Live Your Dream Award, except it is also available to women who do not have dependents.
- Ruby Award honours women who are making extraordinary differences in the lives of women in their personal or professional life. The winner receives a cash award to the charity of her choice, as well as a cash award to herself for her outstanding accomplishments.
- Bea Kelly Volunteer Award recognizes young women in grade 12, who demonstrate that they make a difference in their community or school. The winner receives a bursary to help offset some of the costs of her post-secondary education.
- Live Your Dream Award helps women who, as the primary wage earners for their families, must improve their employment status by entering or returning to the workforce. The winners receive a cash award to assist with furthering their efforts to attain higher education.
- Dream It Be It – Career Support for Girls targets girls in secondary school who face obstacles to their future success. It provides girls with access to professional role models, career education and the resources to live their dreams.
Tickets are available via: